Honiara, Solomon Islands
- group facilitation and training skills specialising in sustainable agriculture and community development
- networking and liaison skills
- project and business development; management and administration
- interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and mediation.
Programme/project: Landcare Coordinator / Secretary, Whian Whian Landcare, Northern NSW, Australia. 2007- present
- Coordination of riparian restoration projects extending across 13km of creek bank engaging 22 landholders
- Preparation of successful grant submissions to implement restoration works
- Project administration and reporting
- Currently developing citizen science, corporate sponsorship and adventure conservation opportunities
Programme/project: Coopers Creek Catchment Project Coordinator, Reconnecting to Country Programme, Northern NSW, Australia. 2009-2011
- developed multi project plan to improve Indigenous engagement with on-ground sustainable catchment management activities
- coordinated implementation of projects including administrative, financial and reporting requirements, liaison with stakeholders including Indigenous elders, contractors and community.
Programme/project: Marketing Development Officer, Kastom Gaden Association, Solomon Islands. 2004-2006
Primary projects: urban green waste recycling centre, plant nursery and marketing services for regional and remote farmers
Secondary projects: agricultural product development and village level food processing
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of sustainable livelihood projects.
- Monitoring and evaluation, financial and progress reports to donors and stakeholders, recruitment and training, public awareness, technical assistance.
Programme/project: Administrative Officer, Daleys Nursery, Kyogle NSW Australia. 2000-2004
Daleys Nursery is an extensive wholesale and retail nursery working with sub/ tropical fruit and nut trees and Australia rainforest species. The business has a customer base of over 140 retail nurseries and thousands of members of the public.
- administrative systems
- staff development, training and support
- customer relations, networking, sales and marketing
- extensive experience in nursery/ horticultural practices.
Programme/project: The Permaforest Trust, Barkersvale NSW Australia 1999-2004
A not-for-profit education centre focusing on environmental restoration, sustainable agriculture and community development. The centre hosts groups and workshops and facilitates internships while demonstrating practical approaches towards a model of sustainable living.
- strategic planning, project development and administration from concept to operation
- curriculum development, training and group facilitation
- planning and implementing orchards, livestock systems and annual food gardens
- development of management plans for environmental restoration
- construction of buildings.
Programme/project: Capacity building officer and trainer, Planting Material Network, Kastom Gaden, Solomon Islands. 1998-1999
Development of seed production and seed banking/ exchange systems. Trainer and development of training materials
- Bachelor of Indigenous Studies – Sustainability Major, Southern Cross University, NSW
- Certificate IV in Horticulture, Australian National Training Authority, NSW
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management, The Business College, NSW
- Certificate in Permaculture, Permaculture Institute, Tyalgum, NSW
- Associate Diploma in Applied Science, Canberra Institute of Technology, ACT.
- English – native speaker
- Solomon Pidgin – fluent.
- Author: Community Seed Saving, Training Tools for Pacific Island Communities.
- Author: Coopers Creek, A Place of Many Stories – Reconnecting to Country.