- print and online journalism
- online content development
- urban food systems policy development and establishment
- project management.
Support team member, Kastom Gaden Programme, Solomon Islands.
- production of media products – copy production, editing, photography, desktop publishing, website content production and management
- production of rural livelihood handbooks for participants in the post-crisis rural livelihoods project involved extensive travel in the Solomons to collect information for writing of handbooks
- produced Blue Seas and Bush Gardens following Australia-based project manager role of AusAID-funded Kastom Garden Project and the evaluation of the project as a means of documenting project learnings
- Australia-based projects include training in local government sustainability skills workshops and production of the participants’ manual for the local government Living Smart sustainable living course.
Projects and Development Education Officer, APACE (Appropriate Technology for Community and Environment), Sydney.
- education + community/ member/ media liaison
- production of articles, photographs, content and design of newsletters, fact sheets, and other project materials
- organisation of promotional/ information events.
Project Officer, APACE (Appropriate Technology for Community and Environment), Sydney.
- project management services for the Kastom Garden Programme in the Solomon Islands and the Can Care Lae waste metals recycling project in PNG – included liaison and reporting to funding agencies and AusAID, project planning/ monitoring/ evaluation, field training in Solomon Islands
- project publicity.
Community garden advocate, community garden policy development for local government, training and information service provider – Australia.
- production of policy directions to enable community gardening for local government
- advocacy, consultant, trainer, communications provider for the Australian Community Gardens Network to promote community development and health improvement through production of fresh food
- content production for network website
- trainer in basic horticulture for community food gardeners
- liaison with local government, media and institutions.
- director, Permaculture International Ltd
- policy and advocacy committee member, 1999 – ACFOA (Australian Council for Overseas Aid)
- trainer, organic gardening course – Eastern Suburbs Community College, Sydney
- communtiy liaison, Greening Australia (national reforestation programme)
- organisational communications development, EcoForest Limited (sustainable forestry investment company).
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications – University of Technology, Sydney
- Diploma Permaculture Design – Erda Institute
- Advanced Certificate Outdoor Guiding, TAFE
- photojurnalism – Australian Centre for Photography
- certificate – Centre for Conflict Resolution
- English (native speaker)
- Solomon Pijin (non-fluent).
Conferences and papers
- co-author, research and design for Getting Ready – a book for intending development aid workers
- content production, desktop publishing design for Kastom Gaden Programme training manuals
- author, Growing Food, Growing Communities, a book about community garden development
- author Blue Seas and Bush Gardens, a book about the Kastom Garden Programme in the Solomon Islands.