Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia
- establishment and management of farmer-based seed saving networks
- training in community seed saving – seed production, processing, storage and distribution.
The Seed Savers’ Network is a national organisation that:
- supports a national network of local seed saving groups in Australia
- places trainers with NGOs and development organisations to train local people in the establishment and management of seed saving networks
- provides training in seed saving to members and to overseas trainees at the Byron Bay Seed Centre
- publishes the Seed Savers’ Manual
- provides consultancy services in seed saving to international aid and development organisations
- carries out advocacy work to promote the conservation of agricultural plant species.