TerraCircle is a Melanesia specialist with a team of experienced development practitioners providing:
- training in rural livelihoods, improved small scale farming to organisations and communities
- project management services
- media services for community self-development.
Our focus is on food security and the associated area of community health.
TerraCircle provides consultancy services to:
- non-government aid and development organisations
- humanitarian and emergency response agencies
- multilateral and regional bodies
- government organisations
- field staff of agricultural extension services
- groups and individuals in communities.
Making use of participatory techniques, TerraCircle provides training in:
- planning and improvement for community food security; training in food security assessment and small scale farming using the Low External Input Sustainable Agriculture methodology
- the development and operation of community-based seed banks and seed exchange services.
Project support services
- project feasibility studies, project planning and management including evaluation and documentation
- participatory assessment for sustainable food futures and livelihoods
- (see: Weather Coast assessments)
- village energy systems assessment
- production and design of media products such as training manuals.
- training publications for small scale agriculture, project cycle, seed production and exchange
- organisational communications – brochures, reports, project profiles, fact sheets, newsletters
- content for online media such as the Worldwide Web.