RECENT WORK carried out by TerraCircle includes:
Backstopping support to Kastom Gaden Association
TerraCircle is providing technical assistance to this Solomon Islands organisation as part of core funding from AusAID to KGA to provide food security services across the country.
TerraCircle role is:
- participatory planning and capacity building
- support to develop an effective Monitoring and Evaluation system geared to organisational learning
- technical advice and backstopping including mentoring of key personnell.
Project management advisory services
- Community Based Health Care, Tari, PNG
(submissions, monitoring, evaluation etc).
Design and implementation
- demographic data collection
- advising on population issues to Lahir mining management company, PNG.
- design of the Sustainable Livelihoods for Isolated Areas Project in Solomon Islands for Kastom Gaden Association/AusAID
Linking Farmers to Crop Protection Networks, Solomon Islands
- project with Pacific PestNet and Solmon Islands Department of Agriculture to use information technology and farmer field trials to reduce crop pest problems.
- trainee handbooks for the Sustainable Liveihoods for Rural Youth Project in the Solomon Island, on Agroforestry, Kai Kokorako (keeping chickens for subsistence and as a small business), keeping pigs for income
- training manuals for rural trainers in Melanesia
Evaluation report of APACE’s Kastom Garden Project, Solomon Islands entitled Blue Seas and Bush Gardens.
[ Download ] PDF: 5.3MB